Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking for suggestions for online billing software thats not outrageously overpriced. I think that 2.5% is too much per transaction. That's $1250+ a year for me.

Ember-K
Level 2

Used QB merchant services, however no longer avail for QB mac 2019 version. They had great prices and would like something comparable.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Can you clarify what exactly you are looking for?  Are you wanting a service to be able to charge credit/debit cards?  If so, 2.5% is NOT unusually high.  You said you used "QB merchant services" which had great prices, but their rates are about that same rate.

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/payments/pricing/

If you can clarify things, maybe somebody can give a suggestion.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Can you clarify what exactly you are looking for?  Are you wanting a service to be able to charge credit/debit cards?  If so, 2.5% is NOT unusually high.  You said you used "QB merchant services" which had great prices, but their rates are about that same rate.

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/payments/pricing/

If you can clarify things, maybe somebody can give a suggestion.

0 Cheers
Ember-K
Level 2
That was not what I was being charged for debit cards and ach transactions. It was $1 per transaction. The credit card payments, which are few and far between, were 2.5%. Everything I’ve found charges 2.5% for ALL transactions including ach and debit cards. Perhaps I was locked into a great rate, I don’t know, but getting charged $25 for one transaction of $1000 is ridiculous.
0 Cheers
qbteachmt
Level 15

"Everything I’ve found charges 2.5% for ALL transactions including ach and debit cards."

One of our local banks offers ACH and electronic payments as a free service. I opened a checking account there, which is free and does not require a minimum. You can pay me electronically or I can set up ACH from my end. I have a client contract that works with US Bank, and they charge $13 a month for all of these same services. You can shop around.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
0 Cheers