Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lately I've had to sign in twice to ProSeries 2017 - after being prompted for downloading an update. Is there a glitch with the sign in process?

HapTax
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you're continuously being prompted to update, but no updates are available, try this.    

Go to your ProWin17>Updates folder and remove all the files except details.htm, then restart ProSeries and see if you have better luck.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

If you're continuously being prompted to update, but no updates are available, try this.    

Go to your ProWin17>Updates folder and remove all the files except details.htm, then restart ProSeries and see if you have better luck.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
HapTax
Level 1
Thanks - that did the trick.
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Nope...that's normal.  Even tho painful.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Greta
Level 9
I have the same annoying problem, having to sign in twice ever since my most recent update a month ago. I didn't quite understand the answer "ProWin17>updates folder and remove all the files except details.htm" -- can you amplify a bit?
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
there is a folder under C:\ProWin2017\Updates.   delete all files except details.htm
that should solve issue.
then maybe update again and don't worry about extra files in C:\ProWin2017\Updates
0 Cheers