Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1095-A / 8962 calculation

The-Tax-Lady
Level 9

On the 8962, line 24=4664, line 25=5112. FPL 227%. Shouldn't the difference of 447 be carried to part 3, line 27 as Excess Advance of the PTC? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Great!  I'm glad that checking the 'Not a Dependent' box made the 8962 calculate correctly.

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I had one of these yesterday, mine seems to act like you are expecting.

My lines 24 9498   Line 25  9719   Lines 27 and 29 show the 221 (the difference between lines 24 and 25)

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9
I've only have this 1, but I think there is suppose to be an amount on 27 & 29 but they are blank.?
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
@TaxGuyBill   the ACA guru

0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9
Thanks. 🙂
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Yes, the difference should flow to 27 and 29.

Have you checked if the 'Not a dependent' box is checked on the Federal Information worksheet, and gone through the other errors?

There there any special situations, such as allocating to the Premium Tax Credit to non-dependents on the 1095-A, or the special calculation for the year of the marriage?
0 Cheers
The-Tax-Lady
Level 9
Thanks TGB, it was one of those pesky dependent boxes I missed checking. Appreciate the help.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I was gonna ask that, but on one of my 1095A returns when I unchecked those boxes the 8962 disappeared...so I figured that wouldn't be the culprit.....but mine was only a Single return that I looked at, if you miss one box on a Joint return I guess that's a possibility!

0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

Great!  I'm glad that checking the 'Not a Dependent' box made the 8962 calculate correctly.

0 Cheers