Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens if a family of a deseased person does not file the deseased income tax ?

n-garcia0610
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

The CDC in Atlanta might be interested.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
abctax55
Level 15

The CDC in Atlanta might be interested.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
That's what I was thinking too.  I wouldn't want to touch a deseased tax return either so I can't really blame them.  Would gloves help?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
This would be a lot funnier if my sister-in-law hadn't just died Friday night without signing her
tax returns.  Paper files.  NOT prepared by me.  Big buck owed.  
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Sorry to hear that, Anna.  Hope the family is holding up.  Will keep her and your family in our prayers. :pray::pray:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Yes, sorry to hear about your sister-in-law.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
Thanks @itonewbie & @IRonMaN ...the timing just sucks.

She's been ill....the funny/strange/odd thing is that her husband *did* it to me on April 14th 17 years ago.  The family understands why I couldn't be there.  And the clients I've had to put on extension due to this have been absolutely wonderful about it.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15

The executor carries various personal liabilities with respect to the decedent's and estate's filing and unpaid taxes.  That should be an incentive to get things done right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers