Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we change company email address for Intuit link

RogerP
Level 1

My client has changed his email address since last year.  How to I update Intuit link.  The new address has been entered in ProSeries but the old address is showing in Intuit Link.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
itonewbie
Level 15

My understanding is that you cannot change the taxpayer's user ID (or email address) for the taxpayer's Link account, which you do not own or control.

All you have in Proseries is only an email address that points to a specific Intuit account (the taxpayer sets up separately with Intuit, not only for Link but also other Intuit products) the collaboration tool should be "linked" for the engagement.  If the taxpayer wants to use a new email address but preserve all the contents in the existing account, I think the only way is for the taxpayer to contact Intuit directly so that they can change the user ID for the account.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
itonewbie
Level 15

My understanding is that you cannot change the taxpayer's user ID (or email address) for the taxpayer's Link account, which you do not own or control.

All you have in Proseries is only an email address that points to a specific Intuit account (the taxpayer sets up separately with Intuit, not only for Link but also other Intuit products) the collaboration tool should be "linked" for the engagement.  If the taxpayer wants to use a new email address but preserve all the contents in the existing account, I think the only way is for the taxpayer to contact Intuit directly so that they can change the user ID for the account.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers

Step 1:

In the Proseries program, go to Tools, Options, Firm/Preparer info. & change your e-mail address there.

Step 2:

https://accounts.intuit.com/index.html , and change your e-mail address there as well.

I have very recently done this, successfully.

0 Cheers
RogerP
Level 1
That might work if you changed your own email address in ProConnect Online (rather than the desktop version Proconnect Link, which is a little different), but it doesn't address the issue of how to proceed when the customer changes his or her email address.
0 Cheers
poolcleaner
Level 9
Isn't the question about ProSeries Professional?
0 Cheers
You are correct.
0 Cheers
Thank you.
0 Cheers
letusja
Level 1

I only want to change the address on my account for mailing purposes. My software has been mailed to the wrong address.

0 Cheers