Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So Ive seen people mention that you can import a K-1 into the 1040...Im only finding instructions for Lacerte in the Knowledge Base

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Ive never tried to import a K-1, they're generally easy to type in, but this year I have a partnership that sold off all their assets and I have a list of assets with 179 dispositions, thinking an import into their 1040 returns sure would save me some typing.

I find Lacerte instructions https://intuitcorp.quickbase.com/db/bjbbcmui8?a=dbpage&pageID=6&qa=true&rid=72

Does ProSeries have the same ability to import a K-1?  and will this be part of what imports in? Or will I still be stuck entering all these?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
0 Cheers
15 Comments 15
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
:+1::+1:
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
thank you!  will this import the disposed assets with 179 recpature?

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
that's a great question.... @Charlene_At_Intuit @Matt105 can you provide any insights?
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Ive got everything else from the K-1 already entered, but to import I have to delete it...so if its not going to transfer in what I need, and I have to enter it manually anyhow,  Im not going to bother with importing.

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
create a dummy file, and import it there, that way if either of them don't come back soon, and see what happens.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
good idea!

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
It will import everything.  I don't usually go the import route, but I have used it for special occasions like that.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10
yes....it imports everything associated with the asset dispositions including  the Sec 179 recapture info...which is one of the greatest aspects of the import.
If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
yay!   thank you!

0 Cheers
AshleyatIntuit
Employee
Employee
YAY!  ok, cool!  Glad i could be so helpful, LOL.....  Seriously though thanks @IRonMaN and @dd4vols
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
:+1::+1:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
This only works if you did the 1065 in PS.
0 Cheers
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10
or 1120S.. or 1041. Works for any of them that have K-1s
If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
I did the 1065 in PS

0 Cheers