Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you Intuit!

IRonMaN
Level 15

I was so excited because a package just came from Intuit.  It had some French writing on the outside that I had trouble pronouncing but I was stunned to see what was inside ---------- It’s, it’s a major award!!!  The odometer on Intuit’s popularity contest just clicked over to 25,000 thumbs.  You could say I’m all thumbs.  I have to personally than Susan for getting me to that peak.  I guess I will also have to give another glowing review of Diana in support, because without her, I wouldn’t have made it.  If anybody needs an extra thumb, I have plenty to spare so just let me know.  I know a good thumb comes in handy opening up a bottle of Fireball.  For those of you that have a sense of humor, thanks for putting up with me all of this time.  For those of you who don’t have a sense of humor, I probably have received almost as many middle fingers as thumbs.  But as long as I’m here:

Ole was looking for a job and heard that their was an opening for a janitor at the local Lutheran church. He applied for the job and the interview went very well. "You have the job," he was told, "just sign this paper."
Ole made a big "X" on the paper.
"What's that?" he was asked.
"That's my mark."
"You're supposed to sign your name."
"That's my mark," Ole replied, "I cannot read or write."
"What? We're sorry, to work here you have to be able to sign your name."
Well, Ole finally got himself a job as a mate on a tugboat, and eventually he became captain of his own tugboat. He did well for himself and eventually had a fleet of ships of his own and became one of the wealthiest men in the community.
One day the mayor decided to honor him for setting such a good example for other immigrants, and what they can accomplish with hard work and ingenuity. The mayor says, "Sven, we want to give you the key to the city! Just sign this form.
"Sven made a big "X" on the paper.
"What's that?" he was asked.
"That's my mark."
"Your mark?" the mayor asked.
"Aih, I cannot read or write, so that's my mark."
"You accomplished all of this not being able to read or write?" The mayor exclaimed. "Just think what you could have done if you could read and write!"
"Yes," Sven said. "I could have been a church janitor."

major award.jpg

Slava Ukraini!
20 Comments 20
sjrcpa
Level 15

You're welcome. I'm all thumbs now, too.

My bedside reading right now is Even Cowgirls Get the Blues. The main character was born with extra large thumbs which she used to become an expert hitchhiker.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

Let me know if you need a good lamp to read with.  Since you got me there, I am certainly willing to let you borrow my new lamp.

Slava Ukraini!
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Thanks Jeff, i spent the morning arguing with the City of Brotherly Love.. i should have been a janitor 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
IRonMaN
Level 15

Being a janitor isn't all that bad.  The hardest part is learning to write your name. 😁

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

"is Even Cowgirls Get the Blues"

For the movie, Uma Thurman is given prosthetic thumbs.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
IRonMaN
Level 15

She could have borrowed some of mine - they come in all sizes

Slava Ukraini!
BobKamman
Level 15

BobKamman_2-1679594291191.jpeg

IRonMaN
Level 15

Classic fables go well with an Intuit professional forum. 😀

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

If you did not get a big shipment of Fireball you got nothing at all.

IRonMaN
Level 15

But based on your consumption habits, what do you consider big?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
rcooley25
Level 11

As much as either you or I can drink.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm guessing what you can drink is more than anyone else here could drink.

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

OMG Susan.  That's one of my favorites & has been for decades.  I had to buy a new copy, because I highlight/underline the stuff that hits home.  And that changes every time I read it so after the 4th/5th time most of it is already tagged 🙂

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
rcooley25
Level 11

Why do you think I need a semi to haul all of the fire ball to PA

IRonMaN
Level 15

Just be careful driving that semi so you don't end up in a fireball on the highway 🔥

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers

When you are asked to Share Feedback, start giving low ratings.  You can add comments such as this one that I just added:

STOP POSTING SUPPORT TEAM RATINGS TO THE COMMUNITY FORUM. The forum is a place for US - your customers - to interact and learn and solve problems. Those ratings muck up the forum.

sjrcpa
Level 15

@abctax55 First time through for me.

There are a lot of good lines/thoughts in it.

Ex-AllStar
IRonMaN
Level 15

"When you are asked to Share Feedback, start giving low ratings"

But you have to contact support to get that option.  I think I have called twice in the last 10 years, but Diana wasn't working for ProSeries when I called so I can't back up her splendid performance today.

Slava Ukraini!
rcooley25
Level 11

I have one that I can give her. It is on my middle finger,

IRonMaN
Level 15

Shhhhhush.  You are going to get called back to the principal's office ---------- and they don't keep any Fireball there so I don't think you want to go there.

Slava Ukraini!