Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks community. I just don't get it? Drake, H&R Block , Jackson hewiit all in Alabama able to print us ( pro series) feb 14! a joke

EDDIE
Level 4

Why can Drake ,H&R Block , Jackson Hewitt print Alabama returns we with pro series cant until Feb. 14! A Joke!

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think all that any of the non-Alabama preparers can say is --------------------- that sucks.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

19 Comments 19
IRonMaN
Level 15

I think all that any of the non-Alabama preparers can say is --------------------- that sucks.

Slava Ukraini!
garman22
Level 13
Level 13
I second @IRonMaN sentiments.
0 Cheers
hankinstax
Level 5

Send me an email.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Who are you asking to send you an email?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
EDDIE
Level 4
Lisa this is" Hamner Tax" whom I talked with 9 tech support agents. Now good! its February 21st . Mad ?
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Oh man, that sucks!  I remember long ago when CA would get delayed into February how frustrating that was...nowadays clients are even more impatient don't want to wait for things.  :frowning::frowning:

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
rstrickl
Level 2
Taxwise software also has no issues printing Alabama. Proseries has really let us down. I paid over $7,000 for their software and folks using a software half that price are up and going with no problem. We use this Community Forum to try and get something resolved but nothing happens. the Forum is simply a place where we can all piss and moan about our problems with Proseries..... That's about it.
sbolen
Level 2
How about recommendations on a new tax software provider?
0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene

An update has just been released that allows you to print the AL-8453. E-File is availble for Alabama so you should now be able to e-file the returns. 

To install the new Update:

1. Go to the Update Menu and choose Update Installed Products

For assistance printing just the signature form see the instructions in the following article on printing selected forms: 

https://accountants-community.intuit.com/articles/1782414 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@EDDIE @hankinstax did you see Charlene update above?
0 Cheers
IntuitCharlene
Alabama Update on 2/7/2019: We are aware that some Alabama forms that are still pending approval from the state could not be printed from the ProSeries program. An Alabama update was released yesterday (Wednesday, February 6th) that will enable the printing of all forms and returns.
If any forms are still pending approval, they will print with an “E-File Only” watermark.
As those forms are approved, the watermark will be removed.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Accept as solution"
0 Cheers
clhunt
Level 3
How I wish Charlene was correct - the AL 40 still prints in HUGE letters DO NOT FILE, FORM NOT FINAL  DO NOT FILE   I just updated now, Feb 17 and the newest news says the forms will not be ready until Fen 28th!!!  ProSeries this is ridiculous.  What will it take to have some resolution so we do not have to stockpile returns waiting for you guys to get it together?  Is Turbo Tax having these issues or just the Pro?
jhglovercpa
Level 1
I am very frustrated by this also! Is there anyway to remove the watermark to print the client copy?
0 Cheers
EDDIE
Level 4
Unfortunately not we are just waiting on Pro series now. I know some are delayed but not form 40
0 Cheers
EDDIE
Level 4
Anyone know a time frame on energy credits form 5695? We have 40 clients waiting
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Tell the 40 clients to quit waiting.  The credits require a retroactive change by Congress and it sounds like planting a hedge between here and Mexico is consuming most of their time right now.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
EDDIE
Level 4

Someone please tell me why Alabama is not at least letting us print the copy. Especially when it says form not ready but can be printed? Please help Alabama filers. Thanks

0 Cheers
gammoncs
Level 3

So for Alabama returns, the eSignature works without having to create a separate PDF document?

Also, did I see that AL has now delayed their final forms until 02/23?

Danny Gammon

0 Cheers
gammoncs
Level 3

One other thing.  Did I see where someone said that we could electronically file Alabama returns right now but we just can not print them without the watermark?

Danny

0 Cheers