Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxpayer works and resides in Denmark

Level 3

I have a client that works and resides in Denmark.  His wife resides in the US.  Does anyone have experience with this type of client?

Looks like my client gave me a tax assessment form from Denmark instead of a form from their employer.  Shouldn't he receive  an equivalent W-2 form from his employer or should I use the "Annual Statement" form.

Any help is much appreciated.



Labels (1)
0 Cheers
3 Comments 3
Level 2

I have a Denmark guy as well.  They pay taxes from their paycheck.  No w2.

You can convert the money to dollars using the rate of exchange on the IRS site.  It's foreign income.

Level 15

Taxpayer may be eligible for foreign tax credit or foreign earned income exclusion.

0 Cheers
Level 15

A good start would be tell us if either one of them is a US citizen or resident alien  (which is possible even for someone not currently residing here).  

0 Cheers