Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Taxpayer received k-1 (541) where to deduct line 14a Tax Exempt interest on state return

Could someone help me to deduct that credit from the California State return.  I cannot find it where to enter it.  Any advise is appreciated.

Greatly, 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

The 1041 K-1 worksheet should have an input for Line 14a and then you choose the state down below that line.....or does Basic not have a 1041 K-1 worksheet?   You shouldnt need to make any adjustment in the 541 within the state program, it should be handled properly by entering it on the federal...assuming Basic works similar to Professional.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers

Lisa thank you for taking the time to help.  I completed the 1041 K-1 but only the k-1 541 is the one that shows item 14a columns (c) 3,389.00 (d)3,389.00 and (d)3,389.00 not the 1041 K-1.

My question is if in the K-1 (541) item 14a showings the columns how do we report that? Your input is much appreciated. Greatly, Silvia

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
there is no separate entry for those lines on the 541 K-1 worksheet, it should transfer the necessary info over from the federal.

0 Cheers

Lisa:

Sorry to bother you I went to the 1041 (K-1) is blank line 14a I entered the amount for the state and it says it is not what your 1041 (K-1) says on basic proseries 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
So the 1041 K-1 doesnt have anything in Box 14 with a Code A? That would be state tax exempt (but taxable to federal), so if the 1041 K-1 doesnt have anything, and nothing is flowing to the CA return, you dont have anything to exempt and nothing needs to be input on the CA 541.

0 Cheers