Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error MN return. Return with more than 1 copy of Schedule M1CAT or more than 3 properties claimed on Schedule M1CAT are not eligible for electronic filing.

harartaxpro
Level 1

I am having this error and no claim of M1CAT in my return. If I remove the form, it keeps coming back. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Interesting.  I popped open my own return that I haven't filed yet and if I click on the form, there is an "untitled" M1CAT waiting for me even though I don't have any casualty or theft issues.  If I delete the form, you  are right, it is still there even though nothing is on the form. I suppose it's time to light up the bat signal.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
16 Comments 16
IRonMaN
Level 15

Interesting.  I popped open my own return that I haven't filed yet and if I click on the form, there is an "untitled" M1CAT waiting for me even though I don't have any casualty or theft issues.  If I delete the form, you  are right, it is still there even though nothing is on the form. I suppose it's time to light up the bat signal.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
@Intuit Austin
Can you check this out for us?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
@TaxGuyBill
Have you run across this at all?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
Isn't the MCAT the "Medical College Admission Test"?  :smiling_imp:
https://students-residents.aamc.org/applying-medical-school/taking-mcat-exam/
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
No, not yet.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Evidently Intuit knows I want to moonlight as a brain surgeon and is providing the test for free. :smirk::smirk:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
I did just get a mysterious M1R for no apparent reason, and it was giving me an error (even though the form wasn't actually showing up).  I had to open/create the form, then delete it to get rid of the error.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
The software is haunted.  Maybe all we need is a good exorcism to take care of the issues.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I see @Allan at Intuit  is out and about this morning, maybe he can shed some light on the issue.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Allan at Intuit
Level 4
@IRonMaN - I'm checking into it now.  I too have an untitled M1CAT.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Thanks!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Allan at Intuit
Level 4
The M1CAT issue has been reported to development.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Thanks.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
nickanderson37
Level 1
Please keep us updated on when this issue is to be fixed! I have been patiently waiting for a fix on this issue for 2 weeks.I've tried everything,and still no resolution. My federal is filed just waiting on update to allow for my state to be as well. Thanks!
0 Cheers
Allan at Intuit
Level 4
An update to correct this issue is expect on or about the evening of February 28, 2019.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Perfect - thanks!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers