Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Season Extended?

athaureaux6
Level 8

I just read they have extended that tax season until May 17th, is that true? I read it in Facebook. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

16 Comments 16
Camp1040
Level 10

If it is on facebook it must be true!!

IRonMaN
Level 15

Since our friends at Intuit posted earlier this afternoon that the due date change was only a rumor, you can count on the May 17th date as being accurate.

Slava Ukraini!
Abalone
Level 2
IRonMaN
Level 15
PATAX
Level 15

thanks for the post Iron Man... It would have been nice if they extended it to July 15th... But one month is better than nothing..

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm ok with May 17th.  I don't start my Walmart job until May 18th, so the timing works out pretty good for me.

Slava Ukraini!
rbynaker
Level 13

@athaureaux6 wrote:

I just read they have extended that tax season until May 17th, is that true? I read it in Facebook. 

Correct.  The prior administration used Twitter for important announcements.  The current administration prefers Facebook.

PATAX
Level 15

IronMan after you start down there can you get an application for me? Thanks you are the best...👍

IRonMaN
Level 15

Consider it done!

Slava Ukraini!

Am I the only one that hates the extension? they already posted the new UI treatment so thats not an issue and if people dont have money on 4/15 to pay, they wont on 5/15 either.  I feel like after last year it only puts a bigger burden on us preparers as its an extended season. I already had a dozen people cancel appointments with a "See you in May".

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Am I the only one that hates the extension?"

Yes

Slava Ukraini!

I'm surprised, an extra month of 80 hour weeks just doesnt seem fun to me. 

IRonMaN
Level 15

If you were caught up enough to be able to be done by April 15th, why would you need an extra month of 80 hour weeks?

Slava Ukraini!

The issue isnt the workload on my end, ive been a 1 man show for 10 years doing a heavy workload without issue. I'm more then able to meet 4/15 assuming all my clients kept their appointments. the Issue is you give people an extra month, they will take the extra month meaning I still have a semi-full schedule in April with 7 days a week meetings, and the same extended to May. So if everyone timely sent everything over prior to 4/15 would be a breeze. No one understands that you dont need to pay at the time of filing and just procrastinates. 

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15

You can refuse to see them in May. Or file for an extension for them in May.

Ex-AllStar

We'll see what happens I suppose, last year was rough with the extension but this year not as much going on with the PPP and stimulus panic as people are beginning to understand the process of those. Going to try to push for people to file by 4/15 and just schedule any payments due for 5/15. 

0 Cheers