Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax Scan and Import Not Working

aland_cpa
Level 1

I cannot get this add on to work.

1. I send the documents and the hour glass does not come up.

2. After 2-3 days all of a sudden the indicator comes up to say that it's complete (sometimes). I thought the promise was 20 minutes on average.

3. When it does complete the scan and I review and import the finished product only the W-2 posted. The 1099-INT, although it scanned and I reviewed it and it said it imported, it did not.

The answer from the tech support line was, "These things happen."

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

6 Comments 6
Ernie
Level 9

I don't believe that any of the users (we are all just users on here) use the tax scan and import.  You will have to find a way to contact INTUIT support with this problem.

0 Cheers
sgull
Level 2

We are having the same problem.  Have decided to call this a loss.  Second year we have tried to use the product and it simply does not work consistently.

dricakehl
Level 2

I spent 2 hours yesterday with Intuit on the phone with 2 different people and they told me that the issue was on hour end. Our IT Department called hours later and they told us them was an issue on their end. Still not working and you pay extra to have this feature.

dsteincpa
Level 3

I have used this product for years - successfully - until last year - there were problems in Jan - which they finally fixed - 

THIS year it worked until last week & now it is a crap shoot getting it to work.  

HELP INTUIT!!!!

Taxgal29
Level 1

We are experiencing the same issues.  I don't see the hourglass either, although I have noticed that when I close out of the program and reopen it, the hourglass appears.  But ultimately, we are still not getting anywhere because more than 50% of our submissions fail.  Then we resend again, sometimes two or three subsequent times, same exact file and eventually it goes through, so it definitely is an Intuit issue.  I'm now on hold with over a 40 min wait time, just to probably get a bogus response.  Intuit is great at selling a product, poor at delivering.  Very disappointed.

uspro10
Level 1

i dont know any of us allow intuit to act this way..they are the worst at customer service.. the hold times get worse every year...and you know they know what the problem is ...wont share,,wont admit....and every year price goes up....if i hear they care about us one more time im going to scream at someone....

they are the worse and every year i have to help the it people.....its really sad....and never an im sorry..a credit hire more people nothing......ridiculous.......sad sad sad....and they keep getting bigger and more proprietery......glad noone else runs their business this way..!!!!!!

0 Cheers