Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tax return received by intuit, but it has not been transmitted to IRS, for a week

valbejar
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
rjholton
Level 3

I have the same issue with one return.  All the others have been transmitted and accepted, but one return is stuck at Intuit.  There was an alert that came through when I opened ProSeries on Tuesday, February 16, that said,

"ProSeries 2020 Individual returns filed on or before 2/12/21 may still be displaying a "Sent to Intuit" status. We are experiencing a delay in processing certain individual federal and state returns. At this time please continue to update your E-file status. We are working to get these returns processed as quickly as possible."

No updates since then, at least not that I've received.  It would be nice to have a timeline as to when this will be resolved and to know what "certain individual....returns" means.  Is the problem related to a specific form or schedule included in the return?

jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7

This problem appears to be getting resolved. I had four state returns stuck in this status for a week; yesterday, three of them were finally pushed through to the states and accepted.

At this time, I only have one state return stuck in this Intuit purgatory.

valbejar
Level 1

One Federal Return still stuck, and it happens to be my own. I have been waiting for a week. Last time I called  Proseries they never did nothing and I was in hold for more than 45 minutes. 

I may have to send it by mail.

Thanks  

0 Cheers
valbejar
Level 1

Purgatory? For me is HELL. My own personal tax return is the one in question. It's been a week.

And the customer "service"  when I called, the guy asked for my EFIN. In recent years nobody asked for that number to confirm identity. 

On the survey they sent: I vented.

Thanks

0 Cheers
jofijohnjoseph
Level 7
Level 7
It's frustrating, I get it, but why the angst when the tax season opened a week ago and we still have two months until the filing deadline? Sending in a paper return right now would probably be the worst decision you can make. If this is still an issue a month from now, then you can panic.
0 Cheers
mappp
Level 4

I transmitted a farm return on 3/1 that was due on 3/1.  On 3/2 Status still reads "received by Intuit".   

0 Cheers
emcwillard
Level 3

I have a corporation stuck on Transmitted that I filed on 3/14 and we are at 3/18 and it still says Transmitted and when I click the update status it says " No new status information at this time"

I am worried that since the IRS didn't receive it by the 15th that they will get late penalties... 😞 😞 😞

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you gave it a push and it is still stuck in the mud, call support.

Slava Ukraini!
msmith7305
Level 7

Try this. Back up client file. Then delete from homebase.

Restore client from your backup. Then re-check client e-file status.

Worked for me.