Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax filing deadline extension

Ronnie_65
Level 2

Does anyone else think we need a filing extension for 2020 taxes?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
BobKamman
Level 15

The people who work at the Austin Service Center probably would agree.  They have been closed most of the week.  

The pending legislation for additional Covid relief has a provision that refers to April 15 or the extended due date under Section 7508A, which was used last year because of the disaster declaration.  I'm sure we will see an extension this year also, and I'm puzzled about why it has not yet been announced.  Maybe they wanted to get as many refund returns filed as early as possible, to update ncomes, bank accounts and addresses before the $1,400 payments go out.  

grossie
Level 5

Yes.  I don't need an extension to July 15th; but, June 15 would certainly help.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Hopefully they change the due date to June 31st so everyone will have some extra time to get caught up.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Yes I think they should do the same thing as last year.

ljr
Level 8

I vote for at least 5/15 but 6/15 would be okay. I don't know if there is enough wine in NY to get me to 7/15 again. And Please Please Please make this decision now so I can spread the clients out instead of cramming 2/3's of them before April only to find out you decided to give us more time.

dkh
Level 15

I'm all in for an extended due date.   If not extended by IRS, I'm going to have a lot of extensions this year.  Don't know if everyone around here read about e-filing not starting until Feb 12th or if the exceptionally cold weather has them in a suspended state but it was a slow start for clients coming in this year.   

IRonMaN
Level 15

My individuals are coming in at their normal pace and our corporate returns are ahead of schedule.  Must be the balmy weather getting them out - it’s been above zero during the day the last couple of days.

Slava Ukraini!