Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tax extension payment

Level 2

How can I set up a payment date of 7/15/2020 for a 1040? the system will not let me use a date later than 4/15/2020!

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
6 Replies 6
Level 15

If you file for an extension, then you can use a later date.

Alternatively wait and pray (fervently) that PS will make a one time adjustment to an input that they have had for decades. I don't think I would hold my breath.

ex-AllStar
Level 8

Get the counter out!!  It  will be interesting to see, how differently the same question will be asked!

Filing deadline extended until 07/15/2020

Level 15

We won't need the counter for that one now.  For the next how many days it is going to be "how come the software still shows an April 15th due date when it was extended to July 15th"?  I need to get a new job because the questions on here are starting to drive me crazy.  Maybe I can get something more relaxing.  Maybe I should apply for a job at one of those mobile Coronavirus testing stations.

This week's special - free roadrunner dinner with every return (legal disclaimer - you catch it and we'll cook it)
Level 15

I need to get a new job because the questions on here are starting to drive me crazy. 

@IRonMaN  -  Can I come with you?   I agree, the questions are driving me bonkers too.  

Former Chump..umm... AllStar.
"the game of life is hard to play"

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Level 15

@abctax55 

Maybe we can use each other as a reference 😀

This week's special - free roadrunner dinner with every return (legal disclaimer - you catch it and we'll cook it)
Level 15

I doubt seriously that references are needed....

Former Chump..umm... AllStar.
"the game of life is hard to play"

If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches