Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax extender late legislation check

UberSuave
Level 2

When tax extenders are approved, will Proseries notify us which returns need to be reviewed or amended? I have a few clients that would qualify for PMI deduction but it is not calculating and instead providing a late legislation worksheet with the box checked. How should I set up the return to notify me of passed legislation?

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There is a Late Legislation Worksheet that shows up in the list of forms (at the very bottom of the forms in use list in the left margin) in a clients file if you've entered items that may be extended.

I just put a sticky note in the client file for next year...if something happens to be extended, I'll amend then...like I did for the PMI in 2017.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
9 Replies 9
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

There is a Late Legislation Worksheet that shows up in the list of forms (at the very bottom of the forms in use list in the left margin) in a clients file if you've entered items that may be extended.

I just put a sticky note in the client file for next year...if something happens to be extended, I'll amend then...like I did for the PMI in 2017.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
garman22
Level 12
Level 12

You are assuming these items are extended? I highly doubt they will. But to answer your question, PS will not keep track. We will have to do so. 

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
I'm assuming they will in fact be extended.  I am also assuming that I will win the lottery for half a billion dollars.  Which do you think is more likely? :wink::wink:
ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Turtles (I've expanded my line of products to better serve you)
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 12
Level 12
Im going to shoot for a half billion!! Im coming up to live in MN if thats the case. I'll happily become a Viking fan! :laughing::laughing:
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
If that's the case, I'll spilt my winnings 50/50 with you. :+1::+1:
ACME Taxes, Tatoos, Tires and Turtles (I've expanded my line of products to better serve you)
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 12
Level 12
:moneybag: :moneybag: Wahoooooo!!!:moneybag: :moneybag:
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
Ironman will pay all the income taxes and then make a gift, and pay gift tax too???  Safe bet.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Yes sir.  I am willing to spread the wealth.  Garman can reserve the moving van and start packing up tomorrow.  
0 Cheers
garman22
Level 12
Level 12
Imma coming!!!
0 Cheers