Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions to ProSeries for 2022

Spanky
Level 3

Who can I speak with and/or how can I make several suggestions for the 2022 tax season?

1.) I would like to make it necessary in the Federal Information Worksheet, under "Dependent of Someone Else", to have to check off "Can taxpayer be claimed as dependent of another person."  I made the mistake of setting up a client's 16 year old dependent for the first time and failed to check the box indicating he can be claimed by another person.

2.)  Please remove the default in the State of New Jersey in the Information Worksheet, Part VIII, Direct Deposit, that the NO box is automatically checked off.  If rushed preparing a return and the intent is to have a refund direct deposited, this causes a problem if overlooked and not changed to YES.  Please make this one of those items which have to be answered.

Thank you, Rich N.

0 Cheers
34 Comments 34
IRonMaN
Level 15

Instead of trying to talk to Intuit, find a wishing well and throw a couple of copper coated coins down —— you will have better luck that way than talking to Intuit 

Slava Ukraini!
JRC
Level 8

Hi Spanky,

The powers to be only look at suggestions from those at (LEVEL 10) and above.

You are only a Level #2.

Sorry,..

Thank you.

Concerned Reader.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm thinking it must be at least level 16 before you get listened to if that is the case.

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitGabi

Hi @Spanky 
Feel free to add to the enhancement page: ProSeries Idea Exchange

We are continually improving the product and prioritizing for the upcoming year. 

Thanks for joining us here on the community! : ) 

Spanky
Level 3

These are the replies I receive for my suggestions as well as that I'm Level 2 and not close to Level 15.

I don't even know what these Levels represent, or how you go up in levels

Instead of trying to talk to Intuit, find a wishing well and throw a couple of copper coated coins down —— you will have better luck that way than talking to Intuit. 

Guess Intuit doesn't care about our input afterall.

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

Two out of the three posts weren't from Intuit, they were from other users ------------ users that have had their hearts broken hoping that Intuit would listen to them.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

Here is a link to the suggestion box. https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-idea-exchange/idb-p/603

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
IRonMaN
Level 15

That looks very similar to the one Gabi provided 😀

Slava Ukraini!
abctax55
Level 15

@Spanky  "...Guess Intuit doesn't care about our input afterall."

That pretty much sums it up, which is why we (we = volunteers who help out HERE since Intuit also doesn't care about providing adequate customer support).  WE are NOT Intuit employees; WE don't get paid to 'help out here'. 

Actually 'helping out' is a major understatement.  WE *are* Intuit Customer Support 95% of the time; we are faster at answering questions; and we are a lot more fun.

If they (Intuit) would have given us the sarcasm font we've asked for, you would have realized that JRC & IronMan were poking fun at the whole Intuit Team.

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
Spanky
Level 3

Wish I had the time to spend poking fun at the Intuit Team as well or making useless replies to others. 

Unfortunately, I'm stuck with Proseries and I'm trying to make the best of it without the opportunity to tell anyone there what I think.

No different than being on FB and not being able to tell them off either.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Well, good luck with that.

Slava Ukraini!
JRC
Level 8

We all learn from our Mistakes RE: Q1 Dependent of someone else...

I am in business of doing taxes under a time constraint for each return, if I was required to answer every question for every tax query I would never get through the number of returns I prepare each season.

Accounting and Tax is a very humbling profession...

TY

abctax55
Level 15

@Spanky :

"Wish I had the time to spend poking fun at the Intuit Team as well or making useless replies to others. "

Stay off Facebook & maybe you'd have time to spend here, helping out fellow tax pros.  "WE" do a LOT more here than just poke fun or make "useless replies".

And you aren't stuck with PS - NOW is the time to test drive other software & make the switch if you find other software that you like better.  Renewal notices are just arriving via email/snail mail.  My Lacerte renewal showed up yesterday.

( Generic Comment )"
Spanky
Level 3

Since this isn't FB abctax55,  [removed]. 

0 Cheers
Spanky
Level 3

Thanks JRC, I hear you and understand.  Same hold true for me having to put zero's for any Child Tax Credits that may have been paid, especially since the majority of returns I don't have children.

abctax55
Level 15

@Spanky 

I did edit it.

And now I'm done with this thread. Have a great rest of the year.

( Generic Comment )"
IntuitGabi

@Spanky I'd submit your requests to the Idea Exchange myself but it was made for community members, not employees like me. 

Levels increase as you post and spend time here on the community. Level 15 is our top floor. (Take the elevator next time.) 
Here are our Community Guidelines. from the Community Basics board. 
(I see you've already utilized your creativity to blow steam at another user!) "1. Be Respectful." 🙂 

@abctax55 is right! The volunteers on this site have helped thousands of people already this year. 
Hey! No broken hearts now! @IRonMaN @JRC @George4Tacks We're advocating for you all and we will hopefully continue to see innovation in this space. Feel free to private message me if you ever need to vent or have ideas about community. 

Great to have you @Spanky : ) 

Spanky
Level 3

If anything i wrote makes sense to someone in level 12 or above, perhaps you can make the suggestions for me.  The past several years I complained directly to personnel that were assisting me to color coordinate the years because many times I was entering info on the previous year's return that I had open.  At least this tax season, 2020's programs are in green.  Whether it was from my suggestions or others, at least they listened. Thank you Intuit!!

Spanky
Level 3

Thank you IntuitGabiU!

I've been preparing tax returns since January 1975.  Would have been 4 years earlier had I not enlisted in the Navy for 4 years out of high school.  That being said, this tax season has been the most stressful and anxiety ridden of all for many reasons.  One is thatt his ignorant government should have extended the tax deadline by at least a month if not two.  Two thirds of my clients hadn't even gotten all their info until the middle to end of March.  My dad is in a VA long term facility at which I try to do a lot of volunteer work for our Veterans, Of which I am one.  Not that I need to explain myself to you or anyone else, but I don't need comments the likes of what abc wrote.  My life isn't just doing taxes and making comments on this site to reach Level 15.  And I have made comments in the past to assist others, especially how to keep their Windows version up to date so that ProSeries can even be downloaded.  I went though hell and back a couple of years ago trying to get Proseries downloaded.   Kindly tell others to mind their own business by NOT telling people what sites NOT to go on and WHO they should be volunteering for!  Thank you!!!

IRonMaN
Level 15

"Feel free to private message me if you ever need to vent or have ideas about community"

@IntuitGabi  - we believe in public venting, but I'm sure you know that by now 😉

Slava Ukraini!
IntuitGabi

haha I know I know, but hey! I have dreams too. ☁️ 📬 

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

@IRonMaN  or  @abctax55  How do we edit posted comments?  I need to learn.  I wanted to edit @BobKamman 's posts from Day 1.

Meanwhile, I'm going to the store to get popcorn.  Ran out while on another thread...

I come here for kudos and IRonMaN's jokes.
IRonMaN
Level 15

No need to edit any of Bob's posts.  He calls them like he sees them.  It's not his fault his vision isn't as good as it used to be.

Slava Ukraini!
sjrcpa
Level 15

Not to mention that our answers are usually more accurate than Support's.

Ex-AllStar
JRC
Level 8

Spanky. You went from Level 2 to 3!! 😲

sjrcpa
Level 15

You can only edit your own posts.

Champs may have Super Powers, though.

And Moderators Community Managers/Employees, too.

Ex-AllStar
sjrcpa
Level 15

@Spanky  The levels mean nothing. Intuit doesn't implement our suggestions. Most of us have stopped making them for that reason.

Ex-AllStar
Spanky
Level 3

Amazing, after who knows how many years, 25 maybe,  with Pro Series, Level 3.  Who knew!!

taxes96786
Level 9

Re your NJ DD issue. This is part of due diligence...no matter how rushed...attention to detail is a must when preparing taxes.

BobKamman
Level 15

@joshuabarksatlcs  Intuit should add an explanation for user names.  I understand the "Joshua Barks At" part.  But what is he barking at?  ICS = "inconsiderate caustic sarcasm" ?

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

@BobKamman   I'd say yours was a case of bobkammanbarksatami, where ami = a misread initialism.

The initialism used in my handle is alc = all lower case.  Ok, ok, I know it's lowercase, but al wouldn't work. 

"inconsiderate caustic sarcasm" would be ics.  Perhaps you could change your comment to "LCS = lame caustic sarcasm".   I'd take the fifth on that.

lcs = lacerte customer service.  But that's EXACTLY why Lacerte would not add an explanation for MY handle, even if that were its normal practice. 

Of course Joshua was my spd, smarty-pants dog...

joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

ost (On Second Thought), I also missed a KEY point earlier.

When Joshua barks at ics (inconsiderate caustic sarcasm) or lcs (lame caustic sarcasm), Joshua ain't the one making them.  @BobKamman , your interpretation would be that folks here (including you) are making ics or lcs, and Joshua is barking at them.  This would be a very correct picture.  No need for me to take the fifth.  I plead guilty on behalf of my spd...  

IRonMaN
Level 15

You guys are getting me all confused, so can you just answer me this ----------------- is sarcasm still allowed here?  If not, I might have to test drive Drake just to see how well they handle sarcasm over on the other side of the tracks.

Slava Ukraini!
joshuabarksatlcs
Level 10

RE: ....is sarcasm still allowed here?

Yes, it's allowed and very much so, but you have to put it on a special sarcasm font, which Intuit has yet to announce the ETA...