Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: please remove (redundant) error box

Greta
Level 9

This error box that pops up randomly is redundant. There are other pink error reminders, as well as the error triangle icon at the top, which I regularly check before efiling. The box require an extra step to check a box to please hide the box.

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I agree with Greta.  Why does that pop-up box need to come up?  It already shows a pink error that won't let you e-file, so why does it need to do that again? 

Do you others who say you like the pop-up box think that ALL of the pink errors should give a pop-box box that you need to deal with?

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

@Greta  I live for that "error box".  and find it most helpful.  Anything, anything, that can help me reduce even the smallest amount of human error is helpful to me.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
doesnt the error have a box to check that says Do Not Show This Again?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Greta
Level 9

It does, but it requires that extra step to check the box, each time that it pops up. It pops up randomly, not for all errors, just some. For instance: do not forget to confirm the state ID number on the W-2 -- which is glowing red anyway. I have trained myself to check those potential errors ahead of time before the box appears.

IRonMaN
Level 15

I'm with dd.  Anything that can help me from shooting myself in the foot is welcome.  An extra few seconds on a return is a lot better than getting red faced later when the client finds out that you may have missed the boat.

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
yea that state ID number one is a pain, but once you check Dont Show, it wont pop up again for anyone until youve restarted ProSeries again.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
TaxGuyBill
Level 15

I agree with Greta.  Why does that pop-up box need to come up?  It already shows a pink error that won't let you e-file, so why does it need to do that again? 

Do you others who say you like the pop-up box think that ALL of the pink errors should give a pop-box box that you need to deal with?

IRonMaN
Level 15

If you buy a rifle, you will find a safety switch or button or some other safety feature on it.  Of course the gun won't go off unless you pull the trigger so why do they need a safety on it?  But silly me, when I hunt, I always have the safety clicked on my gun.  Silly me, I also like the extra safety on the software.  I always run a review on each tax return before I print it.

Slava Ukraini!
Greta
Level 9

I have never used a gun, but the safety check sounds super important. Here there are already several error stoppers -- the pink highlights, the pink on the listing on the left, the error icon on top that I check before efiling; and then the software won't let you efile with any error. The pop-up box (for a few selected, mostly trivial errors) interrupts my work flow requiring an extra second of my time to check the no-thank-you box. Just a pet peeve, not fatal. I have memorized the occasions when the box pops up, and spend a day after transferring files, preemptively checking those boxes (Virginia has three pesky ones).

PATAX
Level 15

Safety won't do you any good if you are an Elmer Fudd... We have coyote season here and as you can see from my avatar,  She doesn't look like Toto from Wizard of Oz, so I have to be extra careful that some moron doesn't discharge...