Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stress of deadlines....time for new career

dkh
Level 15

Hello my name is Denise and I'm a procrastinator.   There I said it, I own it.

I've been practicing for my new career.... I am naturally a loud person so I think it's a good fit............. .... Wet Teddy Bears.  Get your Wet Teddy Bears.   Guaranteed wet or the next one is free.

8 Comments 8
dascpa
Level 11

I'm not a procrastinator, just friggin tired of the deadlines.  According to my wife she believes my goal is to have a heart attack and die at my desk.  And that's why I told her she needs to contact my malpractice insurance carrier before she contacts the funeral home.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"my goal is to have a heart attack and die at my desk"

But isn't that how all good tax preparers are supposed to die?  It sure is more appropriate than being killed by a falling anvil.

This has been a year to forget and a number of our clients are trying to do just that.  We have never pushed the September deadline like we have this year.  Unbelievable how many people are waiting until the last minute.  Waiting until the last minute is one thing, but when they don't seem to want to give you all the information you asked for, it's tough getting things done timely.  We are going to have a handful of corporations file late this year, but ask me if I care.  If the client don't care, the preparer don't care. 

Slava Ukraini!
dascpa
Level 11

Besides Maryland's new SALT workaround that many other states are now starting -  this delayed all business filings until mid-August and K-1's are still coming out.  I'm also seeing other software handling the law incorrectly and with miscalculations.  Some of these are larger firms and I'm shocked at their errors.  ProSeries actually did better than these others.

But what's pissing me off is the amount of incorrect Stimulus monies people reported. Notice after notice.  People were too lazy to look in their own records to see what they received so they guessed.  Or said they got none.  If I had the time I would have pulled a transcript on every client but there is only so many hours in a day and nowhere to find quality staff.

IRonMaN
Level 15

"But what's pissing me off is the amount of incorrect Stimulus monies people reported."

All of my clients were quite precise providing those amounts to me.  Well, at least they acted like they knew what they were talking about.  Yeah -------------------------------- we all have a number of idiots for clients.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

You command your own ship... Stay put...

IRonMaN
Level 15

Just watch out for icebergs.  I hear those can cause problems for even the greatest of ships.

Slava Ukraini!
PATAX
Level 15

Enemy frogmen too...🐸

dkh
Level 15

LAUGHING.png