Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stinkin 2 Step

pkellycpa
Level 5

Help babe is telling me that 2 step is required by IRS.

It is recommended, not required. This is really so bogus!

Data security is my responsibility, not Sasafras's.

What are they going to do about this? Can they just make it once a day?

Can they make it optional? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
George4Tacks
Level 15

Have you tried the method that turned it ON to turn it OFF?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/account-management/safeguarding-online-acco...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns

View solution in original post

6 Comments 6
George4Tacks
Level 15

Have you tried the method that turned it ON to turn it OFF?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/support/en-us/help-article/account-management/safeguarding-online-acco...

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
pkellycpa
Level 5

Spent way too much time with the help babe. Finally concluded that it is not user accessible.

No matter how many times I tried to turn it off, and the help personal as well, it would not move.

Why even show a turn off button IF IT DOESN'T TURN IT OFF!

dd4vols
Level 10
Level 10

mine was showing the button was OFF.  So, i turned it on.  Logged off. Then logged back in and turned to OFF.  This worked last time. But I noticed it's back to doing it again today. And, I have not even installed 2022 yet.  I never install until all you peeps have found most of the problems and Intuit has tried to correct. But, then again, we don't do any returns in January..just doing 941s, W2s, 1099s, etc.

If an answer solves your issue, click on the "Accept as Solution" button! Makes it easier for people to find answers to similar questions that have already been posted.

I turned if off because of the problem with it on 11/1/2022 which caused me to NOT have Lacerte software access for nearly 4 hours.  I don't want that to happen in tax season.  (Intuit never explained the problem.)

pkellycpa
Level 5

I have been trying to turn it off to no avail and no help from "customer service"

I even need it to reply to you.

IRonMaN
Level 15

Since it takes forever for the box to open up to allow me to post, I thought it was maybe the browser so the other day I tried switching back to the browser I used to use before I encountered problems here that made me switch browsers in the first place.  I ended up having to have a text sent to me so I could get in, even though anybody that has a keyboard and a pulse can get into this place.  So I continued on with the process to sign in and when I entered my username here, it told be that the name was already taken so try again with something else.  I have a new computer that I am going to be setting up here in the next couple of weeks so I'm not going to waste my time fighting the system, but it is a bit screwy to say the least.  But hey, isn't that why we have all learned to love Intuit?

Slava Ukraini!