Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stimulus Payments for dependents born in 2020

user0607121985
Level 2

I have a problem with my program I think.   It is taking off the stimulus that the parent is getting for a new

baby born in 2020.  In everything we have read it says that the parent can get this if the child was born anytime in 2020.  I do not understand this.  Are we not understanding this.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

3 Comments 3
dkh
Level 15

Have you reviewed the Recovery Rebate Credit Worksheet?   What have you entered on line 16 and 19?

lrhenry04
Level 3

Do the parents have the same number of children as the previous year? If they alternate a different child with another parent, the RRC goes by the number of children total, not specific children.

LPTaxServices
Level 2

I have seen the same thing. It has happened on two returns. The IRS is also showing the lesser amount of $1100 on their site. Is this something Proseries changed before sending to the IRS? My clients are questioning me on this and everything I read shows they should get it. Need an explanation to tell our clients.

0 Cheers