Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stimulus payment

rbynaker
Level 13

I haven't seen this one asked yet so hopefully someone can help me.  If I had a ham sandwich for lunch today, where will my stimulus payment be deposited?

Also, I gave each of the dogs a small piece of ham, do I have to pay back part of the stimulus next year?

Rick

PS: Is it just me or are the questions getting crazier around here?

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

Given the amount of "pork" in virtually every one of the attempts to keep the economy & small businesses afloat, your choice of a ham sandwich is perfect 🤣

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
IRonMaN
Level 15

If you had a ham sandwich today, your payment is going to be delayed.  Only turkey sandwich checks are being sent out right now.

The questions have always been crazy here, but like cream, the crazier stuff rises to the top.

Slava Ukraini!
George4Tacks
Level 15

My last name is Crozier, which is very similar to crazier, which is what many refer to me as.

No, I am not related to that wonder US Navy captain fired for doing the right thing, but in the wrong manner.

Here's wishing you many Happy Returns
chasetax
Level 7

did you order from grubhub or door dash?  they may get it first or apply to your next to go order

rbynaker
Level 13

@IRonMaN wrote:

your payment is going to be delayed.

Oh good.  That gives me time to efile a simple return so I can have my deceased spouse's portion deposited into my back-door Roth IRA where I can gift it to my kids and they can use it to pay their child care expenses.

My barber told me that his neighbor's brother-in-law's bartender said we could do this even though I have no deceased spouse, no back-door Roth and no kids.  It's a huge loophole.  What form do I file for this?

IRonMaN
Level 15

That would be form 666.

Slava Ukraini!
qbteachmt
Level 15

It depends on if you bough the ham with a loan or not, of course 🙂

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
rbynaker
Level 13

@qbteachmt wrote:

It depends on if you bough the ham with a loan or not, of course 🙂

Yes.  I used the Preferred Pork Product loan proceeds.  I think the loan is forgiven if I use at least 75% of the money for ham and bacon.

abctax55
Level 15

Given the amount of "pork" in virtually every one of the attempts to keep the economy & small businesses afloat, your choice of a ham sandwich is perfect 🤣

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
dascpa
Level 11

Thank you but I'll take my matzoh and gefilte fish stimulus please.  I am offended by all this talk of ham and pork.  I need my reparations payment added to my stimulus payment, which is probably going to pay for my kids cellphone bills for the rest of eternity anyways.  What the hey, just send the check to Sprint.