Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stimulus Checks

Highlighted
Level 1

How can I E-file a clients return with just social security earnings so that they may receive the stimulus check. ProSeries will not e-file because every line is -o-

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
9 Replies 9
Highlighted
Level 15

Latest news from IRS is that you should not have too. If they received SS, SSI, SSDI, .... then SS knows the income AND the bank deposit account. They are sharing with IRS and will do the stimulus payment GRATIS!

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/how-to-use-the-tools-on-irsgov-to-get-your-economic-impact-payment

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

Agree with George.  As to direct deposit, the only word of caution is that the economic impacts payment will be made in the same manner as social security benefits.

In the event your client is not enrolled in Social Security Direct Deposit and receives the benefits by check, the economic impacts payment, likewise, will be sent by check.  If your client then want to receive the advance refund by direct deposit, he/she should use the website George mentioned to enter the bank account details.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15
FYI - I have not had success. Once client with negative AGI keeps hitting roadblocks. I do not know of any successful sign up with the GET MY PAYMENT link.

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

Why am I not surprised?  I just told my wife this morning that nothing works during this pandemic.  The world really needs to learn from this experience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Highlighted
Level 1

Ashley Houston update on my account and direct deposit information on how much you owe me and what account number is going on with details of the account number

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

@Ashlynn1116 I think you might be asking in the wrong place.

Who is the "you" in you owe me?

Do you really expect someone to post your account number on public website?

Why do you think posting a name like Ashley Houston would clearly identify you? That name is way too common.

You may be looking for an answer from IRS - You can find it at https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 12

@Ashlynn1116 

Please NEVER put anything on any website that is not IRS.GOV.

You are lost on the internet. Stay safe.

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.
Highlighted
Level 5

My client with negative AGI cannot use the online Q'aire. Any suggestions?

Three other clients were told that their information does not match the IRS record, yet it's totally the same as the tax returns I efiled. (SSN, name, address). Any ideas?

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Some are reporting that entering the negative AGI as an absolute number (i.e. as if it's a positive number) will get pass the system.  Can't verify that but your client can give it a try.

Still an AllStar
0 Cheers