Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stimulus check

the Hyun
Level 1

I have clients that claimed the kids due to going to school the kids earned income they received the stimulus check one of the dependents also receive the stimulus check how do I claim this on the tax return

I prepared all the tax returns and marked the  return that they were claimed by parents

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

the government has made an incredible mess of handling out EIP payments (and continues to). I wouldn’t worry about  payments the kids may have received, but file the returns based on dependency rules.

I would question if the kids have already filed returns claiming their own exemptions (which would cause a rejection and could require amendments).

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

the government has made an incredible mess of handling out EIP payments (and continues to). I wouldn’t worry about  payments the kids may have received, but file the returns based on dependency rules.

I would question if the kids have already filed returns claiming their own exemptions (which would cause a rejection and could require amendments).

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
qbteachmt
Level 15

You seem to be using this: "that claimed the kids due to going to school"

As if that is the same as Dependent qualifications.

These "kids" likely used the Non-Filer portal to get the money. Did you ask them?

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.