Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Still waiting for 2019 refunds

Good afternoon, 

I still have two clients who have been waiting for months for a refund. The IRS refund tool says that they both are 'in process'. I know it has been a crazy year with 2020, but has there been any news from the IRS indicating that their customer service or advocate numbers might be staffed at a higher level anytime soon? It is just so frustrating that I haven't been able to help these clients. 

Thank you, and have a great day everyone.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Based on some of the other posts here, a phone call to the IRS asking about the status of the refund will sometimes get the ball rolling again.  

I'm keeping this job. But I am selling surplus anvils on the side. If you are interested please call 867-5309

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
IRonMaN
Level 15

Based on some of the other posts here, a phone call to the IRS asking about the status of the refund will sometimes get the ball rolling again.  

I'm keeping this job. But I am selling surplus anvils on the side. If you are interested please call 867-5309

View solution in original post

Thank you! Do you know what might be the best number to call? The ones I tried a month or so ago all seemed to be dead ends. I did try to find something in the old posts, but there are soooooo many. 😉 

itonewbie
Level 15

PPS.  Best time would probably be early morning or late in the day.  Days after weekends and holidays tend to be busy with long hold time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

irsmemo.jpg

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪