Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State tax refund for 2016 was not received until 2018. Program "thinks" it was received in 2017. I can't file electronically if I override the Line 10 entry. Solution?

JaguarPaw
Level 2

Client would not mind reporting the refund in 2017 if that is what it will take to file electronically, but the Catch 22 to that is that the Form 1099-G must be completed.  My client's 2016 South Carolina return was the first and only South Carolina return that I have ever prepared.  So, I don't have the information, such as South Carolina's EIN, needed to complete the Form 1099-G.  (Note:  This must happen a lot, as many 2016 returns were extended into 2018 for taxpayers living in hurricane disaster areas.)

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You need to go into the state refund worksheet and make the adjustment, not override Line 10 itself.

Double click into Line 10 (1099g worksheet) , then click the state refund worksheet button.  Then click the button at the top of the next page.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
1 Comment 1
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

You need to go into the state refund worksheet and make the adjustment, not override Line 10 itself.

Double click into Line 10 (1099g worksheet) , then click the state refund worksheet button.  Then click the button at the top of the next page.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers