Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State return status in EF homebase not accurate - return not shown next to federal

J Davis
Level 2

This new year's home base is different. In past years, when I would transfer prior year returns, the initial EF status would be "transferred" . Would stay that way until I opened and saved with data. Was very useful to use as a WIP tool. All worked on returns would show at the top. Now all transferred are shown as Marked for EF. So can no longer sort to have all saved (worked on) returns shown at top of Home base.

Even worse, I have updated a return , Fed and State. The two returns do not show on the homebase together !!! They are hundreds of returns apart. How I I to efile like this... Have to scroll way down to

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

9 Comments 9
smiller12
Level 1

I'm having the same problem as well. I noticed that only Federal Returns are viewed in the EF center. I don't know where the State Returns have gone.

Also we are experiencing our 1120S disappear. I electronically submitted an 1120S tax return yesterday and now it has completely vanished. Was there an update that messed up the views of the returns?

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Sorry for the trouble. How do you sort the returns in EF center? image.png

I would recommend you to sort them by either 'Client Name' or 'File Name', so the rows would stick together.

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Could you please switch to 'All' tab to see whether you can find your return?

0 Cheers
J Davis
Level 2

Yes.. that works.

THe \problem is when you are trying to use the client status as a sorting tool for WIP purposes, then the state and federal become uncoupled in the view

0 Cheers
J Davis
Level 2

Since I have over 400 returns, I have always sorted them by EF status... It used to start out as transferred, but now starts out as marked for EF and stays that way until transmitted. So now, I have no WIP tool excpet to sort and constantly update "client status" , but doing that uncouples fed and state returns !

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

I feel your pain now! Quick question, can you use the client status in the tax module HB (1040, 1120, etc.) for your WIP workflow?

0 Cheers
smiller12
Level 1

I switched to "All" tab in EF center and the client I did the tax return for is still not there. Plus the tax return type still only shows Federal 😞

0 Cheers
Intuit_hieu
Employee
Employee

Could you please run "Send Logs" from the help menu, and email us the zip file to ProSeries_Engineering@intuit.com?

0 Cheers
J Davis
Level 2

Sure, If you only want to glance at one type of return, not your whole inventory of WIP... and, requires managing the client status updating each time

0 Cheers