Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State of Vermont estimated vouchers now have 2 pages....2 page is a waste!

Highlighted
Level 1

ProSeries 2019 State of Vermont payment vouchers are now 2 pages but the second page is only instructions to reach the state tax department. So if there are multiple voucher (estimated payments) it would be nice to not have to print the second page. we currently have to print and discard the 4 unnecessary pages. 4 wasted pages per return adds up to a lot of waste.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
6 Replies 6
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

Use Print Preview and uncheck the boxes next to the pages you dont want to print.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Highlighted
Level 1

doesn't work when the accountants are printing along with the returns to give to admin to assemble and prepare for the client. 

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

I agree!  A huge waste of toner and paper.  There's no way to uncheck the page 2 of the estimated vouchers for Vermont.  I've never had this many issues with Proseries before after 16 years of usage!

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 3

A few years ago, the same issue came up with Arizona ES vouchers.  I understand the frustration and the waste.  And in the AZ case, there were no amounts or anything printed on the second page.  Thankfully that issue went away last year.  If I were printing the for a single quarter (clients where we determined the amount owed each quarter), I could avoid the extra page by using the form print, and then clicking the box to only print the first page.  But when I was printing them all as part of the return it was a waste, and I wouldn't remember some clients had vouchers so I couldn't use the Lisa approach.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

Bethynp, I agree so many more issues with Proseries now...I have been working with it for 17 years. However, I find so many programs are glitchy with Windows 10.

I wonder if we would waste less if there was an option to deselect certain pages when printing the tax returns (filing copy).

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Right Lotis!  I upgraded my whole system (and came kicking and screaming into Windows 10) a few months ago.  I hate to whine on this forum, but I feel like the price of Proseries is inversely proportional to the service...and directly proportional to the number of issues, at least THIS year.  I remember the years when having an issue, calling the 800-number and getting my issue resolved.  This year I had an issue with the resolution of this new monitor doing weird things to the input pages (couldn't see all the lines of those input pages) so I called and got in the queue and when the call came back, I was on another line and missed it so the next time I called, I just stayed on hold for 57 minutes.  

Prom the print menu I tried selecting only a the Tax History page with the letter, to see if that would work for printing the letter....didn't print.  The only way I can get a letter and client invoice is to now print the entire return, and I only need a copy of the letter and the invoice!!!  Last night when I was printing just the invoice (from the view invoice option) my printer chugged out tons of blank paper but no invoice.  I had to cancel print and then dump my printer's print jobs to stop those pages from spitting out!  

0 Cheers