Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State of Ohio Efile rejects

Highlighted
Level 1

I submitted 9 State of Ohio returns last evening and all 9 rejected because they needed an email address.

The state of Ohio does not require an email address so why is ProSeries requiring one.  I have clients that do not have an email account and it still wants an email address.  With all the scams working I can't see why a taxing authority would require an email address.  This problem should be fixed to either an optional field or not required.

Labels (1)
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Level 7

You better read up!. The State of Ohio has required an e-mail since 2017 or it rejects.

Highlighted

So what if the client does not have an email address? I have never gotten a reject before for 2017 or 2018 so why now?

Highlighted
Level 1

I had the same problem after I updated last night.  My state returns have never been rejected for not having the clients email address.  I found if I hit the space bar on the line for the email address it cleared out the error.  

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 7

Because the State improves their operating systems every year till it does what the State wants. This year the e-mail is a real e-filing requirement.

The Ohio Worksheet has a big pink bar, this year, on the e-mail field if it is missing an address. I'm not sure how or why it let you attempt to e-file or did it pop back as rejected, immediately after you transmitted the Federal? If so, that would be the ProSeries software causing the reject after converting the return, allowing the Federal to transmit but stopping the State for the missing e-mail.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 1

I am also having the same issue trying to e-file for Ohio after the update on Friday 2/7.  I have tried multiple fixes to get the returns e-filed, including fixing the error by entering an email address.  I got a return conversion failed error.  So then I removed the Ohio program and reinstalled it (with the update).  I am still getting the return conversion failed error.  I have multiple client returns that this is affecting.  Any suggestions?  

0 Cheers