Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State filing problem

Highlighted
Level 2

I can't e-file a state return pulled from last year's 2018 because it says it is a non-calendar year return. Is there something that I need to uncheck somewhere in the return? I have it labeled Jan 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
7 Replies 7
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

what type of return?  what state?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

It is an individual, Kentucky State return.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15

You may want to edit the title of your question to add the words Kentucky individual to it so someone familiar with that state can respond.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Thank you for your help. I need to be clear when asking questions. I have figured out what the problem is and corrected it.

0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 15

Will you share for the next person that may have this issue?

ex-AllStar
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

The problem was an obvious one, caused by a mistake that experienced ProSeries users would probably not make. The state form, 740, did not have any dates on the top, and had yellow boxes to fill in. Well, I filled those in with Jan 1 to Dec 31, 2019. That was the problem. Once I removed all the dates except for the final --19. the error went away and it acknowledged it as a current year tax return.

Highlighted
Level 8

@Kat Reed  even experienced ProSeries users make mistakes.  I've been using for 20+ years.  I could write a book about some of the no brainer things I've done. 

0 Cheers