Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State Fail Final Review

Andrea810
Level 2

We have a client that sells items in various states. I am trying to file Corporate Income Tax returns in the states that are required. However, I keep getting failed final review, but there are no red errors on the return. I have checked (and unchecked) the federal info sheet "force state e-files....." to no avail.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

5 Comments 5
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
have you updated recently? maybe one of the states needs an update?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
Andrea810
Level 2

It is on auto-update. I did forget to mention that the federal form was not e-filed. It was mailed in by paper...I do not know the reason. But this is happening with states that do not require the federal return. 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

ahhh, some states are piggyback states and can only be Efiled along with the federal return, some can only be Efiled if the federal was Efiled previously, so this may be why youre having an issue.  Which states are giving you the problem?

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/individual/help/ef-atlas-federal-state-ef-method-standalone-...

Andrea810
Level 2

CO, GA, IL, IN, KS, KY, TN, MD, MI, MN....and I am still not done.

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

In the link above, you'll see that only these states are stand alone...the others need to have a federal return Efiled, either along with it or accepted prior to the state being Efiled (IL says standalone but there is a caveat about it shown up above the table).  So it seems like MN and TN would file ok, the rest are no go if the fed wasnt/isnt Efiled.

nonpiggybacks.png

0 Cheers