Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State E-file

SWD2012
Level 3

This is my first year with Intuit Pro series. Will I need to manually send it or will it automatically send?

Thank You 

0 Cheers
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PATAX
Level 15

You can select which state to e-file in the federal section. Make sure all of the information in the state section is also correct . In the e-file module will be two lines for client, one line will be for the federal return to be e-filed, and the line below it will be the state return to be e-filed. You then highlight both lines and transmit them after converting them or you can convert and transmit at the same time. But you have to choose both lines federal and state and wire them together, if you are not filing them separately, and you are filing them together . This is just my opinion, and I may have missed something so you do what you want to do . 

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
SWD2012
Level 3

I am so sorry.... Will I need to efile state manually or will it automatically send?

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

You can select which state to e-file in the federal section. Make sure all of the information in the state section is also correct . In the e-file module will be two lines for client, one line will be for the federal return to be e-filed, and the line below it will be the state return to be e-filed. You then highlight both lines and transmit them after converting them or you can convert and transmit at the same time. But you have to choose both lines federal and state and wire them together, if you are not filing them separately, and you are filing them together . This is just my opinion, and I may have missed something so you do what you want to do . 

SWD2012
Level 3

Thank you!! That sounds like a winner!!

PATAX
Level 15

You're welcome

0 Cheers