Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State e-file has not been accepted

Level 1

I notice that the State of NM has not been accepted when it has been e-filed.  I do the update but it still does not accept.  Why is it taking so long.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
4 Replies 4
Level 15

How long is "so long"?

This week's special - free amended tax returns to anybody bringing in a signed copy of the law providing tax breaks for unemployment.
Level 3

Yes, I have several NM returns waiting to be accepted as well. Mine go back all the way to Feb 13th. I don't know if NM is having issues or not? 

Coffee is life.
Level 3

The answer according to NM Tax and Rev is that they are behind about two weeks in processing because of a bottle-neck of returns that happened as soon as they were open for filing. So, I suppose we will have to be patient. 

The issue is not on ProSeries's end either because I called them this morning and they have said that all is fine on their end. 

Coffee is life.
Level 7

Some states may take longer to accept returns since the coronavirus shut down affected different states in a different manner. I would just wait a little bit longer and see what happens. Just my opinion.