Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

State cant match payment with return

PATAX
Level 15

I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar situation like this... I wired  state return to Pennsylvania approximately 3 weeks ago and it was accepted... Client mailed the payment voucher and the check to Pennsylvania... Pennsylvania sent them a letter which they received today stating that Pa received a payment for 2020 but they cannot "match it up to a return"... Something doesn't sound right but nothing surprises me anymore... Thanks...

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

The IRS has been sending out funky notices lately, maybe Pennsylvania just wanted to get in on all of the fun.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

12 Comments 12
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
When you say "wired" do you mean Efiled?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

The IRS has been sending out funky notices lately, maybe Pennsylvania just wanted to get in on all of the fun.

Slava Ukraini!
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

You might attach the efile acceptance confirmation to the letter and send it back to them. I’d call Tech support first and confirm that intuit shows the PA return was accepted. 

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
BobKamman
Level 15

They speak a different language in Pennsylvania.  ATM's are called MAC's.  You don't go to 7-11, you shop at the WaWa.  

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

It was sent via carrier pigeon...

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

Return was accepted I have the confirmation

0 Cheers
PATAX
Level 15

I am not wasting my time calling tech support

PATAX
Level 15

My hunch is someone opened up the envelope like an intoxicated gorilla and the payment voucher was destroyed or lost.... I don't have time for crap like this...

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Tech support cant help with this, if you have acceptance, Intuit held up its end of the transaction.
Maybe PA is behind in processing just like IRS and the payment hit the system before the return worked its way down the pipeline....this all happening within a 3 week period, sure seems quick for a letter to go out.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
PATAX
Level 15

Yes it could be that scenario...

0 Cheers
dkh
Level 15

@PATAX wrote:

My hunch is someone opened up the envelope like an intoxicated gorilla and the payment voucher was destroyed or lost.... I don't have time for crap like this...

I'm sorry for your crappy situation but this made me laugh out loud !   Thanks

PATAX
Level 15

@dkh 👍 yeah I guess I am a little bit of a cynical comedian... Laughter is the best medicine...