Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST Tax Refund incorrect

cmsimonis
Level 2

I experienced an error :  the State tax refund from 2017 is not being picked up as taxable for 2018 as the box is marking that 2017 used the General Sales tax on Schedule A in 2017 when in fact  that is in correct and the Income Tax was used on the 2017 so it is not converting the information correctly from 2017 to 2018 .    Creates an incorrect entry to Schedule 1 and incorrectly calculating a higher refund by understating taxable income 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

The main lesson to be learned from this is, never trust Intuit enough to transfer returns until you are ready to start preparing returns.  There was a bug in the early transfers.  It was subsequently corrected, but the fix was to retransfer the clients. If you don't want to do that for the clients you haven't worked on, you need to click on the correct box on the refund worksheet for every client.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
2 Comments 2
IRonMaN
Level 15

The main lesson to be learned from this is, never trust Intuit enough to transfer returns until you are ready to start preparing returns.  There was a bug in the early transfers.  It was subsequently corrected, but the fix was to retransfer the clients. If you don't want to do that for the clients you haven't worked on, you need to click on the correct box on the refund worksheet for every client.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

I heard about this from a friend today, who was had the same complaint. The transfers are working fine now and I verified the client I just  finished correctly transferred the information. I only transfer clients as I work on them, so not affected.  Thanks for the info IRMN,  

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround
0 Cheers