Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special k-1 allocation

Roz1
Level 3

I have 12 members w/K-1's.  But there is an expense that is only to be allocated to two of the members because they personally paid for that expense.

Could not find a category for the expense on the Schedule K Distributive Share items.

This is a legitimate expense (bonus paid out).  But only two members should receive the benefit of the deduction.

Technical support could not give me an answer.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

7 Comments 7
sjrcpa
Level 15

If it reduces ordinary income, you'll need to use it to reduce those 2 partners share. You'll specially allocate everyone's Line 1 income. Do the computation in a spreadsheet.

Ex-AllStar
Roz1
Level 3

Thank you, but that is not very effective.

To actually overwrite 14 k-1's.

Other software brands accomodate this.

Pro Series should offer a solution.

TexCPA
Level 3

There's nothing "Pro" about this software. This is a basic function for a partnership, to allocate items of income, deductions, credits, etc. and the fact that this software can't do that, is seriously ridiculous. And the only reason why anyone uses this software must be because they have no idea what they're doing, or they don't mind wasting time creating spreadsheets and overriding everything.

0 Cheers
Accountant-Man
Level 12

Why didn't the 2 partners loan the money to the p-ship and then get reimbursed?

** I'm still a champion... of the world! Even without The Lounge.
dkh
Level 15

"There's nothing "Pro" about this software" "And the only reason why anyone uses this software must be because they have no idea what they're doing, or they don't mind wasting time creating spreadsheets and overriding everything."

Gee.... bashing the software and telling us we're all idiots  ...you're on a roll @TexCPA 

IRonMaN
Level 15

Tex also uses the software, so I believe that would mean Tex is a paying member of the Idiot's Club.  I don't remember paying dues to the club but I'm guessing they must be part of the Fast Path Fee.

Slava Ukraini!
TexCPA
Level 3

I use this software against my will. Thanks. Sorry, but you likely have no idea what you're missing. 

0 Cheers