Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ProSeries is taking my foreign tax paid as both a credit and a deduction on Schedule A. Anybody know how to remedy this??

ladycpa1971
Level 1

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like you might have entered the credit in two different places. 

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

Sounds like you might have entered the credit in two different places. 

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
ladycpa1971
Level 1
No I've not - I used the Form 1116 data entry pages for all of the foreign taxes and foreign income info generated on a K-1.  23 different countries reported in columns A, B and C of 8 Form 1116 worksheets.
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Doesn't the K-1 worksheet automatically transfer it one place or the other?  or did you skip it as a K-1 entry and just enter it manually?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
0 Cheers
ladycpa1971
Level 1
thank you for replying!  I figured out the issue.  I entered the totals info from K-1 boxes 14 B, C and L.  I then had to use the Form 1116 entry due to the multitude of countries I had to report.  It was the entry on the K-1 box L that caused the error.  Thanks!
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
So you entered it in two different places.  Thank god for that not helpful button!

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
mojocpa
Level 7
Yep that not helpful button is really a positive item. GIGO?
0 Cheers
itonewbie
Level 15
Just got to :heartbeat: that not helpful :radio_button::heartbeat: :radio_button:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still an AllStar
0 Cheers