Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I enter un-reimbursed mileage for s corp partner on 1040?

cooneykd-kc
Level 2

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

S corps don't have partners, or unreimbursed mileage deductions for the shareholders.  Have the Corp write a check for the mileage in the future.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
10 Comments 10
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
does your s corp. have an agreement that partners are not reimbursed for travel and mileage expenses, if so then put them on schedule E supplemental expenses work sheet
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
@Terry53029 - that works for partners/partnerships.  It doesn't work for employees (ie S-corp).
In rereading the OP tho....what IS an S-corp partner anyway ?!?!
@cooneykd.kc - please clarify exactly what entity you are referencing.
"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14
sorry I saw partners, and jumped the gun. abctax is correct
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
OR, I saw S-Corp & jumped the gun.
NMI :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
cooneykd-kc
Level 2
Sorry I meant shareholder, you used to be able to attach a 2106 to the K-1 from the Scorp would show on schedule E as a deduction
0 Cheers
cooneykd-kc
Level 2
Thanks Terry
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
As was pointed out, that has NEVER been a deduction for Schedule E.  Form 2106 USED to be a deduction on Schedule A, but that is no longer valid on a Federal return.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

S corps don't have partners, or unreimbursed mileage deductions for the shareholders.  Have the Corp write a check for the mileage in the future.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15

Employee business expenses...which are gone with the wind for 2018 on F 1040.  Some states didn't conform tho.

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
@cooneykd.kc
While you may not LIKE my answer, it is correct.  And the fact you "used to be able to do it* doesn't make it right.
The main (maybe the only) legit UBE adjustment to page 2 of Sch E for shareholders is for interest paid to acquire the stock.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers