Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hawaii N-20 partnership form - Excise tax added back from federal return?

eva
Level 3

Which line do I add back quarterly excise tax paid? It was deducted on the federal return, but I assume it has to be added back on N-20.

Line 11a?

Thank you.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

Doesn't the program automatically do that for you?

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
5 Comments 5
IRonMaN
Level 15

Doesn't the program automatically do that for you?

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
eva
Level 3
No, it doesn't.  Doesn't even show how much taxes need to be paid on the net income, if any. I thought HI complied with federal IRC.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Sorry, I can pick Hawaii out on a map, but that is as close as I have ever come to preparing one of their returns.  So all I can say is sometimes I have to hunt and peck to see if I entered something in that wasn't the ideal spot for a number of the federal return.  Other times I spend a chunk of time digging around the state return to see if I can make sense out of the situation as to where something belongs.  And on a rare occasion, I just deem the software to not know what it is doing and override something to make everything work out like I think it should.  The one option I didn't throw in because it is the absolute last resort is to call support.  Good luck.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
eva
Level 3
At least you made me laugh.  This is my first HI LLC return so I am not very comfy with it.  Calling ProSeries now, but I doubt they will know more than me.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Hey, if you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with BS.  That's almost my middle name.  Good luck :+1::+1:

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers