Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the 2019 Two-Year comparison wrong? The QBI deduction taken in 2018 is not carrying over.

pcrubingercpa
Level 3

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Someone else mentioned this already....the program is far from complete, so it may be something that gets added in an update sometime? or its just not something they were interested in adding into the programming, can you input it yourself?

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Someone else mentioned this already....the program is far from complete, so it may be something that gets added in an update sometime? or its just not something they were interested in adding into the programming, can you input it yourself?

0 Cheers
sjrcpa
Level 15
0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

I was just in the Intuit Readiness Webinar and they said they are hoping to have this fixed in a December update.

SBSTax
Level 1

Yes, you can enter it, however, the program does not properly compute the 2018 taxable income.  However, like you, I anticipate the will get fixed.  I used it extensively during tax season.

0 Cheers
co
Level 3

effective today 2/4/20 this problem still exists and as someone already said this is a problem when conversing with clients about the year to year comparison. First comment usually is:" wow, if that is wrong, and they have not fixed it yet since Mid December "what else" is wrong and not getting fixed? ... make sure this return is right ... follow me? "

Status ?

sidnukram
Level 2

I ran into the same issue.  I transfer my clients into the new year in December so that I can print Organizers.  It seems that a subsequent release fixed the issue.  You'll have to delete the client and re-transfer them to 2019 to get L/Y QBI to show up.