Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software will not update from home base

EDDIE
Level 4

Anyone having trouble updating 2020 pro series? 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

2 Comments 2
Orlando
Intuit Alumni

I'm working with someone who's router(?) seems to have decided it doesn't want to download files from the proseries.com domain (not even something as simple as this text file: https://ftpfp.proseries.com/pub/proseries/2020/LICENSE.HTM) . Other than that, there are occasional hiccups with files getting locked... but i'm not aware of any widespread issues. But.. we want to try and fix anything before it does become widespread.

In your case, what specifically is happening? For example, is it failing to create an internet connection, is it failing to download files, or is failing to install files? Is there a specific error message or error code? 

Also, I might be able to troubleshoot if you email UpdateLog.txt to proseries_engineering@intuit.com. The file will be in the AppData directory wherever you installed ProSeries (probably C:\ProWin20\appdata\updateLog.txt).

Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

2019 did this to me last year, I had to use Repair Updates from the Windows Programs menu with ProSeries closed (it wouldnt work from within ProSeries).

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪