Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update

athaureaux6
Level 8

Isn't there suppose to be an update yesterday the 18th? The program seemed to be exactly a copy from the 2020 software. Does anybody know when it is going to be the next update? 

0 Cheers
4 Comments 4
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
Looks like it didnt happen, at least not since I started the program this morning. 2021 looks for updates when its started up, there was nothing yesterday or today.

Updates generally come out on late Wed or early Thurs.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
IRonMaN
Level 15

It doesn't matter, the updates at this point aren't going to do much for you.  You need to wait until January before the software becomes meaningful --------------- actually October 2022 would be the safer bet.

Slava Ukraini!
jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

I downloaded an update (for the 2021 program) late Thursday or Friday morning. It fixed the 4797 not carrying to schedule D problem.  It does NOT have the reconciliation for the 3rd stimulus payment in it yet - still has last years form.  I have not spend much time in it, just a couple of things I was interested in checking.

I have no Idea beyond that what was included.

Skylane
Level 11
Level 11

Has the IRS extended the 2022 tax filing season yet to conform with software company expected release dates?

If at first you don’t succeed…..find a workaround