Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Security lump sum for 2 back years plus current year

cclark
Level 3

I have ProSeries Basic and I have a client who received a lump sum of social security for the 2018, & 2019 and also has some in 2020. My ProSeries will not allow me to use the lump sum worksheet for the previous years. It states earlier social security worksheets are not available in ProSeries basic.

How do I go about to figure out the non-taxable portion. I did go back to each year and did it from the worksheet from the publication on IRS.Gov website but not sure how to show this on the Proseries basic program. Help anyone!

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Camp1040
Level 10

Download proseries professional and move the basic file over to pro and calculate and if the result is favorable then file as a pay per use for that client.

View solution in original post

1 Comment 1
Camp1040
Level 10

Download proseries professional and move the basic file over to pro and calculate and if the result is favorable then file as a pay per use for that client.