Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i need to amend 1120S if i have changed the distribution, as we know they paid tax already on the income made from K-1, but i need to change that they had distribution

TaxPrep1
Level 2

If i change 1120s to show that they was a distribution for the shareholders on K-1 (items affecting shareholder basis > D) will be showing after the amendment but the due tax remain the same nothing changes, do i still need to file amendment for 1120s and  1040?

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
abctax55
Level 15

I would make sure the individual shareholder is aware tho, in case of any possible excess distributions.  

"*******Tax software is no substitute for a professional tax preparer*******
( Generic Comment )"

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
abctax55
Level 15

I would make sure the individual shareholder is aware tho, in case of any possible excess distributions.  

( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
TaxPrep1
Level 2
@TaxMonkey @abctax55 thank you, I updated the shareholder personal tax return with the new K-1 but nothing changed (no tax change)
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
YVW...I wasn't sure if you were also doing the individual's return.
Good job.
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
TaxPrep1
Level 2
So in that case I think no need to file an amendment to the IRS personal side or the corp side!! while the S corp is a pass-through entity so the shareholder paid taxes on the income he made on K-1 already, we are just changing the distribution info ( which has nothing to do with the income he made). please correct me if I'm wrong, I appreciate your answers @abctax55
0 Cheers
abctax55
Level 15
There is the relatively new requirement that a basis schedule needs to be included with F 1040 if there was a loss or a distribution from an S-Corp.
I don't think I'd bother if there's no tax change, given the black hole that amended returns go in to..
( Generic Comment )"
0 Cheers
TaxMonkey
Level 8

If there was no change to any tax, I wouldn't send an amendment to the IRS.  Just keep notes.

0 Cheers