Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Since it is still needed for Cooperative DPADs, Wwll Form 8903 be included in a later release, or is there any workaround which will still allow electronic filing?

lpostmalaw
Level 1

Surprised to see PS eliminated form 8903.  It is used on many farm returns in the midwest.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

There is a taxi driver down in Iowa begging for the form, but I don't know if he has been successful in sweet talking the programmers at Intuit yet.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
6 Comments 6
IRonMaN
Level 15

There is a taxi driver down in Iowa begging for the form, but I don't know if he has been successful in sweet talking the programmers at Intuit yet.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
TaxGuyBill
Level 15
I haven't figured out if Form 8903 is actually needed or not.  The Instructions for Form 1040 seems to indicate you just reduce Line 10 on the 1040.  On the other hand, I've never dealt with this, so it might be two separate things.
https://www.irs.gov/instructions/i1040gi#idm139844929220144

@taxiowa
0 Cheers
lpostmalaw
Level 1
When I reduce the Line 10 figure, I get an e file error.  I went to Smart worksheet for adjustments to income and entered the DPAd and description and have no e file error. Don't know if this is correct, of course. Might be a method though.
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9
We still need it to calculate for all individuals who qualify under the old rules.  Iowa and other states did not OK the new tax rules so therefore we have to calculate DPAD for our clients and Proseries has not released the form.  You also have to have it for federal purposes.  

Sure you can plop the figure for patronage dividends passed thru from coop's on line 36 of Schedule 1 but you are still supposed to complete form 8903 before you do even that.  So there is 2 separate reasons you need the form.
0 Cheers
taxiowa
Level 9
Level 9
I think the instructions for form 8903 include under who must file those that receive a DPAD from coop's.
0 Cheers
cotaxprep
Level 2

I just filed my 1st farmer who needed a Form 8903!!!   I found the Worksheet for other Adjustments to Income smart worksheet.  Line G  "any deduction fro form 8903 will be reported on this line"  - said to "see attached Form 8903 PDF file"   and put in the 1099-patr number.   now line 24 z has the form 8903  and the pdf file is attached.  E file went through!!!   I have 2 more farmers to e file.  Crossing finger this will work for them.