Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short year return for closed 1120S business

Highlighted
Level 2

I have a client who closed on 03/31/2020 and now need to file a short year 1120S.  Is there a way to prepare this in PS without having to print it out then change all the years to 2020 in Adobe?  I would love to wait until the 2020 returns are available but who know when that will be.  

Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Cheers
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
Level 15

Paper & white out

or

Extension.

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
Highlighted
Level 15

I hope that extension has already been filed.

ex-AllStar
Highlighted
Level 15

Susan... good point 😁

Former Chump... umm.... AllStar.
If a post answers your question, click on *Accept as solution* for future searches
0 Cheers
Highlighted
Level 2

Thanks for the information.  The client just told me today that his business closed on 03/31/2020.  Not going to stress out that the return is late.  

Highlighted
Level 12

"I would love to wait until the 2020 returns are available but who know when that will be."

This was posted yesterday:

https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/proseries-tax-news-updates/discussion/proseries-basic-tax-ye...

"ProSeries Basic will be released and available for download in mid November to align with our ProSeries Professional program availability."

"Level Up" is a gaming function, not a real life function.