Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will proseries e-file pship returns after B-2 form is final draft in the software? System gives error message the return cannot be e-filed if question answered yes B-2.

RICKCPA
Level 1

We have answered Q25 with a  yes since we do not want clients subjct to centralized audit regime.  Yet the E-file info input states cannot e-file if this box is checked Yes.... we do not want to paper file each partnership return this year becasue of this one box and form.

ProSeries/Intuit better have this error/restriction resolved.

If we have to paper file because of this then we WILL be changing software right after this tax season.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IRonMaN
Level 15

The official Intuit response is to manually prepare the form and attach as a pdf.   An awfully dumb solution to the situation and some of us have voiced our concern.  Contact Intuit and voice your concerns if you also don’t like their solution.

Slava Ukraini!

View solution in original post

0 Cheers
7 Comments 7
IRonMaN
Level 15

The official Intuit response is to manually prepare the form and attach as a pdf.   An awfully dumb solution to the situation and some of us have voiced our concern.  Contact Intuit and voice your concerns if you also don’t like their solution.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
RICKCPA
Level 1
So the error message will go away if we attach a pdf of the B-2 is what they are saying?  The error message does not read that way...it says electronic filing will not be possible.... I will be calling them today as well.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Several of us AllStars had an online visit with folks at Intuit yesterday and the lack of a B-2 was brought up.  The developer that was in on the visit said to just add a pdf.  She didn’t say there would be more hurdles to jump through to get to that point.  I am assuming that if you shut off the error checking when you are converting the return you should be ok.  But that is just an assumption which is dangerous when dealing with Intuit.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Marc-TaxMan
Level 8
@IRonMaN Can you post what you learned from Intuit visit?
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
Unfortunately, I didn't learn a lot. They introduced a few of their people so that we would attach a face and a voice to them.  They also brought up that a lot of people visit this place but not that many participate so they have rolled out a "new and improved" community to get more users to participate.
https://proconnect.intuit.com/community/
We only had time to bring up a couple of issues.  Ernie brought up the B-2 issue and I brought up the slowness of fixing bugs.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers
Ernie
Level 9
@RICKCPA I am not going to sign up for the new system until after tax season.  Everything that is in the new system will be in the old system so there is no incentive to go to 2 places for the same information.

Also, implementing a new system 2 weeks before tax season is almost as dumb as a 2 page tax return going to 7 pages.

Intuit continues to do things that are not good for the users without getting input from them.
0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15
As a side note, I believe the ability to pdf the B-2 won't be available until an update coming up in the next week.

Slava Ukraini!
0 Cheers