Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent to IRS - stalled response

bporter
Level 3

After 6 to 8 hours, the 2020 EF Center still shows an individual FED return "Sent to IRS" ... something is amiss obviously or it would be either accepted or rejected ... if rejected, I would have a clue what to fix ... 

The states show "received by Intuit" .. that is not yet filed, presuming that Intuit awaits a response from the IRS website. As we approach midnight on October 15th (in 9 hours EST), we'll have late filed state returns if Intuit does not transmit .... 

If no response from the IRS during today, does anyone have experience figuring out what to do to accelerate a response or deal with the risks of late filing?

0 Cheers
8 Comments 8
IRonMaN
Level 15

As long as you got it to Intuit today, you don't need to sweat when it hits the IRS computers.

Slava Ukraini!
bporter
Level 3

But have you or anyone else seen how to get the issue resolved with the IRS non-response ... getting them to send a reject so it can be figured out and fixed?

0 Cheers
IRonMaN
Level 15

It will get to the IRS eventually.  As long as it got to Intuit on time, you are covered as far as being timely filed.

As a side note, have you tried highlighting the return in the EF center and clicked on update acknowledgements?

Slava Ukraini!
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Id give it 24 hours before being concerned.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15

Print out the Intuit Postmark....you filed on time.

bporter
Level 3

Thanks to both of you for being responsive ... I do have experience using the EF Center update process and have been, and will continue to keep my eye out ...

I have every expectation that there is a problem with the return that was caught by the IRS server but not caught by Proseries "review" process ... they need to get better at synchronizing with the tax authorities ... 

0 Cheers
Just-Lisa-Now-
Level 15
Level 15
IRS and Intuit are getting hammered with last minute filers....have patience, Id guess you'll have some resolution by tomorrow morning.

jeffmcpa2010
Level 11

There is always (almost always anyway) a long wait time on deadline days in my experience.

"Patience grasshopper" (Quote from an old show which may date me as nearly a fossil)