Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending payment for IT-204-LL

ejdtaxman
Level 7

Trying to send the $25 for IT-204-LL. I am getting the error "not currently an active form on this return..." then tells me to go to federal info worksheet and check "no" in part V, then go back to NYS and save the return. There is nowhere in part V to do so. However in Part VI I can remove IT-204-LL, which I have tried doing and then going to NYS to save the return as the program suggested. However this hasn't worked. 

it also seems to think filing IT-204-LL is unnecessary for this return, which may be the root of the issue, but I cannot understand why. It is an LLC that generated income in NYC and is not a disregarded entity. 

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. No new contributions can be made. You may start a new discussion here

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjrcpa
Level 15

How about skipping the aggravation and paying it online at NY's website?

I do not know how to fix it in the software.

Ex-AllStar

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
sjrcpa
Level 15

How about skipping the aggravation and paying it online at NY's website?

I do not know how to fix it in the software.

Ex-AllStar
dascpa
Level 11

In Part VI of Federal Information Worksheet for Partnerships you need to have the IT-204-LL checked as yes to e-filing original return before it will accept.  In Individuals you also need to go to Part VI and "Check this box to file Other State payments?" and choose the IT-204-LL from the drop down box.

ejdtaxman
Level 7

I had this checked off in Part VI. this does not solve the problem.

0 Cheers
ejdtaxman
Level 7

might be able to do this, but it would be nice to know why it doesnt work. I have several clients I need to file this for, it's extremely tedious if I have to go to NYS online to do it every time. 

0 Cheers
ira
Level 2

i don't see where you can file it online.

Can you please provide a link?

0 Cheers
ira
Level 2

So frustrating....and of course, to get thru to help is an hour wait.

Not happy with the programming of this form in general.

Sooo many steps for a simple form.

Ridiculous.

And on top of that it doesn't work!

Wish i could easily track down where to complain

ejdtaxman
Level 7

I completely agree. 

If you are filing it for a PSE that appears on someone's personal return, on their federal info worksheet you also have to check off filing LL-4. It's a ways down toward the end of Part VI and appears as "electronic filing of other payments." then you open up the NY partnership worksheet and fill out all the stupid crap. 

If you are doing it for an entity that files separately then it should work if you check it off in their federal info worksheet. 

0 Cheers
AliciaDeMarco
Level 1

You must have accidentally answered the box 1 question on the IT-204-LL as No... if you mark it as yes it will remove the error. 

You must answer that there is NYS gain/loss/income to generate the form 

0 Cheers
JRFS K
Level 3

When you find where to complain, please let me know!  We are new clients this year with ProSeries, and this issue is not acceptable.  I have had 5 separate phone calls with Proseries over the last 2 days trying to find some help.  It was frustrating dealing with customer support when I felt they knew as much about the program as I did.  One person suggested I delete the state return, then I had to show her how to do it.  When that didn't work, she suggested I remove the SOFTWARE!!  Sorry, that is just not an option for me at this point.

0 Cheers